About the course:
Make 2014 the year that you take charge of your career. Join us for HackerYou’s full-time front-end web development immersive and become a professional freelancer in nine weeks. Yes, the only thing standing between you and a rewarding career as a full-time freelancer is nine weeks with us. Classes run Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Want to see a bootcamp in action? Attend one of our upcoming Open House Days!
What to expect:
But that’s not all. Included in your tuition fee is a free month of co-working space at HackerYou HQ, where you’ll continue to be coached and mentored by Heather Payne, Brenna O’Brien, Christina Truong, Jared Phillips, and others as you officially launch your freelance business and take on your first major clients. We’ll review your code, help you on the hard days, congratulate you on the good days and we’ll even send potential clients in your direction!
(If you’d prefer to work for a company as a front-end developer, you’re a fit for this course, too! We’ll prepare you for those roles and even help you land interviews.)
What makes HackerYou’s Web Development Immersive special?
- It’s led by Brenna O’Brien, one of Toronto’s most talented developers and instructors. During the program, her full-time commitment is to the 25 students enrolled. Brenna has led numerous sold out workshops for Ladies Learning Code and has been teaching with HackerYou since September of 2013.
- With three full-time instructors (including full-time mentor, Christina Truong) and only 25 students, the student-to-instructor ratio at HackerYou is hard to beat. Few college programs or other programming bootcamps feature an 8:1 ratio.
- You’ll be supported by Jared Phillips, a programming bootcamp graduate with a passion for helping people learn how to code. Jared works for HackerYou full-time as our Lead of Student Experience, and his job is to support each student throughout the program and make sure you’re on track to meet your personal and professional goals.
- The curriculum was developed with the help of Ahmed Omran, a skilled developer who has a post-graduate bachelor’s degree (B.Ed.) in Education and tons of experience with curriculum design.
- When designing this program, we’ve drawn on all of the experiences we’ve had teaching programming and other technical skills to adults through both HackerYou and Ladies Learning Code since 2011. This program will be HackerYou’s third full-time bootcamp – and they always sell out.
Space is limited to 25 students and our bootcamps always sell out, so if you’re interested in joining us, taking charge of your career and joining the creative class, apply now! We will then contact you to schedule an informational interview so that we can tell you more about the program and also learn more about you and your personal and professional goals.