About the course:
Make 2014 the year that you take charge of your career. Join us for HackerYou’s full-time front-end web development immersive and become a professional freelancer in nine weeks. Yes, the only thing standing between you and a rewarding career as a full-time freelancer is nine weeks with us. Classes run Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm, with three hours of lessons per day.
What to expect:
But that’s not all. Included in your tuition fee is a free month of co-working space at HackerYou HQ (starting March 31st 2014), where you’ll continue to be coached and mentored by Brenna O’Brien and others as you officially launch your freelance business and take on your first major clients. We’ll review your code, help you on the hard days, congratulate you on the good days and we’ll even send potential clients in your direction!
Finally, students will be invited to join HackerYou as Assistant Instructors for the Front-End Web Development Immersive cohort that runs from April 14th to June 13th, 2013 – and it’s a paid gig! It also turns your nine-week experience with us into a five-month program, and ensures that you know your stuff. After all, they say you don’t really know something unless you can teach it.
What makes HackerYou’s Web Development Immersive special?
- It’s led by Wes Bos, one of Toronto’s most talented developers and instructors. During the program, his full-time commitment is to the 25 students enrolled. Wes has been leading sold-out courses at HackerYou since we launched in June of 2012.
- The talented Brenna O’Brien has also joined our instructor team on a full-time basis, and will be leading or mentoring all of HackerYou’s full-time programs in 2014. We’ve also brought on independent designer and web developer Dara Skolnick as a full-time mentor for the January 2014 program.
- This program is being developed with the help of Ahmed Omran, a skilled developer who has a post-graduate bachelor’s degree (B.Ed.) in Education and tons of experience with curriculum design.
- When designing this program, we’ve drawn on all of the experiences we’ve had teaching programming and other technical skills to adults through both HackerYou and Ladies Learning Code since 2011. This program will be HackerYou’s second full-time bootcamp.
- It’s not just a nine-week bootcamp – it’s a five-month long experience in which you’ll learn, do and then teach. We expect that the program will change your life, and how you look at your career, forever. Welcome to independence.
Space is limited to 25 students and our web development courses always sell out, so if you’re interested in joining us, taking charge of your career and joining the creative class, apply now! We will then contact you to schedule an informational interview so that we can tell you more about the program and also learn more about you and your personal and professional goals.