ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive Office Manager to join our team at HackerYou. Ultimately, you will be responsible for our 12,000 square foot office, supporting HackerYou’s five-person operations team and making sure HackerYou’s operations are smooth and organized.
We are a small company (and we like it that way!) but we move quick. There will always be a variety of tasks and projects for you to work on. We’re looking for a warm and friendly people person who is extremely organized and detail-oriented. We’d like someone who is comfortable stepping in when required and taking ownership over project completion. And you will be appreciated for it – from both staff and students!
This role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to get their feet wet and learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day.
Founded in 2012, HackerYou is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code. We even help people become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and part-time courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and rent out our office to external groups. With hundreds and hundreds of alumni and 750+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
HERE’S A SAMPLE OF HACKERYOU’S OFFICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure office is ready, stocked and organized for the day and evening’s classes and activities
- Change lightbulbs. Tighten loose screws. Order more dongles. Etc.
- Answer applicant & student requests and general inquires through email
- Operationalize and document processes (think “how to” manuals)
- Coordinate space rentals and rental agreements and act as on-site contact for rentals
- Help with onboarding of new students and classes
- Help plan, promote and coordinate events, including staples like Salad Club and Show and Tell
- Order lunch for weekly team meetings (free lunch for you, too!)
- Send emails to potential students and applicants
- Keep HackerYou’s Dropbox and Google Drive folders organized
- Data entry of expenses for accounting purposes
- Assist with project management of internal and external projects
- Perform light analysis in MS Excel
- Organize internal and external meetings
- Ensure birthdays and holidays are recorded and celebrated
- Purchase and manage office supplies within annual budget
- Provide support to the team as required
- Other tasks as required
- You hold a relevant post-secondary degree or otherwise have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using the Office Suite as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You enjoy working online and with new technology
- You are obsessed with list-making and organization
- You exude confidence and warmth when answering the phone and interacting with customers
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- You take pride in your attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
- Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to info [at] hackeryou.com. All applications are appreciated, but we will contact only successful applicants to move on to the next stage.