This position has been filled,
but we're always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join the HackerYou community. To find out if we're currently hiring for any other positions, you can check out our careers page. If you're looking for a career change, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help you get there. With a 2017 grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at HackerYou
We are a small company of 17 (and we like it that way!) and it’s important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values: 1) We are welcoming, 2) We are collaborative & community-oriented, 3) We deliver a “Wow” experience, 4) We do what it takes, 5) We do what’s right, 6) We have fun! If those values resonate with you, please..read on!
This role is ideal for someone with a business degree and a few years of experience in consulting, aca managementsomeone who participated in trainee program recent gradwith a largeucompany. ate looking to get their feet wet and learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. It could also be a great fit for someone with experience in retail or hospitality – office experience not required, nor do we care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code. We even help people become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and part-time courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and we rent out our office to external groups. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Admissions Assistant Responsibilities
Operations Tasks (65% of the role)
- Welcoming guests to our learning space in a warm and friendly way
- Answering applicant and student requests by email or phone
- Checking HackerYou’s voicemail every morning and responding to any inquiries about our programs
- Helping to answer emails to email@example.com emails along with the rest of the admissions and operations team
- Scheduling interviews with the right member of the admissions team once a student has applied (involves managing Google Calendars, exchanging emails, updating Salesforce, etc.)
- Helping with onboarding of new students and classes
- Acting as on-site contact for people and companies renting our space
- Helping to coordinate workshops (e.g. emailing attendees beforehand, printing nametags, etc.)
- Taking care of the awesome people in our coworking space (answering questions, tracking payments, etc.)
- Processing payments and send receipts
- Following up on overdue payments
- Operationalizing and document processes (think “how to” manuals)
- Assisting with project management of internal and external projects
- Taking notes & following up on action items at internal and external meetings
- Other tasks as required!
Interviewing (35% of the role)
- Interviewing students who have applied to our Part-Time Web Development courses (don’t worry – we offer extensive training!
- Being an ambassador for HackerYou’s values to everyone who comes into our space
- Following up with students once you’ve interviewed them
- Sending first day “welcome”, last day “congratulations” and 3 month “how are you?!” emails to students to ensure that they know they are cared for
- Helping to advise students on the right path to help their achieve their career goals
- Please note that for this role, you’ll work 32-ish hours a week during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm) and up to 8 hours per week outside of those hours (evenings and weekends), conducting interviews with potential students who can’t take time off work for their interview. Scheduling is flexible and at your discretion! It’s not a problem at all to take a weekend off as needed – as long as we’re providing potential students with options that fit their lives!
You exude friendliness and warmth when answering the phone and interacting with customers You have a track record of getting things done You are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel You enjoy working online and with new technology You are obsessed with list-making and organization You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project You can manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities You take pride in your attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others! Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn 🙂 Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (we’re flexible).
Perks & Benefits
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.