This position has been filled,
but we're always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join the HackerYou community. To find out if we're currently hiring for any other positions, you can check out our careers page. If you're looking for a career change, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help you get there. With a 2017 grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.
About the position
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive Office Manager to join our team at HackerYou. Ultimately, you will be responsible for our 12,000 square foot office, supporting HackerYou's operations team and making sure HackerYou's operations are smooth and organized. We are a small company (and we like it that way!) but we move quick. There will always be a variety of tasks and projects for you to work on. We're looking for a warm and friendly people person who is extremely organized and detail-oriented. We'd like someone who is comfortable stepping in when required and taking ownership over project completion. And you will be appreciated for it - from both staff and students!
This role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to get their feet wet and learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. We are particularly interested in candidates with an interest in sales, operations, marketing or event planning to join our team, with the hopes they they can grow into these areas over time. All of our Office Managers have grown into other roles at HackerYou, so we're hoping to do that over time with our new office manager as well.
Founded in 2012, HackerYou is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code. We even help people become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and part-time courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and rent out our office to external groups. With hundreds and hundreds of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Office Manager responsibilities
- Ensure office is ready, stocked and organized for the day and evening's classes and activities
- Change lightbulbs. Tighten loose screws. Order more dongles. Organize the storage room. Buy snacks. Etc.
- Answer applicant & student requests and general inquires through email
- Operationalize and document processes (think “how to” manuals)
- Coordinate space rentals and rental agreements and act as on-site contact for rentals
- Help with onboarding of new students and classes
- Help plan, promote and coordinate events, including staples like Salad Club and Show and Tell
- Order lunch for weekly team meetings (free lunch for you, too!)
- Send emails to potential students and applicants
- Keep HackerYou’s Dropbox and Google Drive folders organized
- Data entry of expenses for accounting purposes
- Assist with project management of internal and external projects
- Perform light analysis in MS Excel
- Organize internal and external meetings
- Ensure birthdays and holidays are recorded and celebrated
- Purchase and manage office supplies within annual budget
- Provide support to the team as required
- Other tasks as required
- You hold a relevant post-secondary degree or otherwise have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using the Office Suite as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You enjoy working online and with new technology
- You are obsessed with list-making and organization
- You exude confidence and warmth when answering the phone and interacting with customers
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- You take pride in your attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
- Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn :)
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible.
Please visit our Careers page for a list of reasons you'll love this job.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are appreciated, but we will contact only successful applicants to move on to the next stage. We welcome creative applications!