About the Position
We’re preparing for an exciting year ahead and the team that runs the #1 Bootcamp in North America (8th in the world!) is growing! We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and proactive Administrative Coordinator to join our Bootcamp Team at HackerYou (soon to be Juno!). In this role, you’ll support our vocational Bootcamp program with the bulk of your work focused on administrative tasks, scheduling and logistics support, and event facilitation. We care deeply about all of our students and we want to ensure a thoughtful, smooth, and fun experience from day one of Bootcamp through to the day they accept a shiny new position in tech.
You will support our Bootcamp Team and students by preparing the tools they need to successfully complete the program, collecting and storing information, and ensuring events run smoothly! Day-to-day duties will include making sure students have access to course materials, printing out name tags, managing support materials, updating student files, and more. You’ll also support the set-up, running, and shut down of the extra curricular and Career Services activities that really set our program apart. All in all, you’ll directly impact the 160+ Bootcamp Students per year on their life changing journey to a new career!
Reporting to our Program Manager, you will be an integral member of HackerYou’s 11-ish person Bootcamp Team, and more broadly, our 35-ish person company. We’re a close-knit and passionate team, and it’s important to us that everyone who joins us fits with our core values: 1) We’re welcoming, 2) We care deeply about people, 3) We do what’s right, 4) We’re always improving, and last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, 5) We have fun! If those values resonate with you and you’re excited about the chance to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology, and education while contributing to a team that really cares about making a difference, this might be the job for you! This is great role for someone right out of school, looking for to gain experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment. It could also be a great fit for someone with some experience in administrative roles, event coordination, or operations. Please note that we don’t care at all about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them reach their full potential!
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and we rent out our office to external groups. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Administrative Coordinator responsibilities:
- Prepping course materials and ensuring students have access to everything they need to succeed both in and out of class
- Ensuring the Bootcamp student files and documents are kept up-to-date
- Scheduling extracurriculars and career services activities, and managing logistics to ensure a smooth experience for all students and staff
- Preparing onboarding, activity, graduation, and career services documents and materials
- Organizing student birthday celebrations
- Creating, sending, and storing marking rubrics, transcripts, etc.
- Uploading and auditing documents and files in compliance with PCC Act regulations and requirements
- Other tasks as required
- You are insanely organized, detail-oriented, and customer-focused
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive
- You can manage multiple projects, and priorities
- You take pride in your ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
- Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position. We’d love to have someone start as soon as possible, but ultimately we’re flexible - it’s more important for us that we find the right person to join our team!
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at hackeryou.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With a grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.