This position has been filled,
but we're always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join the HackerYou community. To find out if we're currently hiring for any other positions, you can check out our careers page. If you're looking for a career change, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help you get there. With a 2017 grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.
About the Position
Ultimately, you will be responsible for our portfolio of products designed for beginners, including our longest-running and most popular courses, Web Development Fundamentals and Advanced Web Development. Also part of your portfolio are our workshops designed for beginners, including our free HTML & CSS workshops as well as paid workshops that don’t have prerequisites. We’re also going to be adding a brand new course for beginners in 2019, so you’ll be a big part of helping us to create it and make it a reality! All in all, through your portfolio you’ll directly impact 800 or more learners in 2019 alone.
Reporting to our Head of Continuing Education and with one direct report to support you, you will be an integral member of HackerYou’s 25-ish person team. While experience as a manager is a nice-to-have, we’re also ready to support you in building that skill set. We’re a close-knit and passionate team, and it’s important to us that everyone who joins us fits with our core values: 1) We are welcoming, 2) We are collaborative & community-oriented, 3) We deliver a “Wow” experience, 4) We do what it takes, 5) We do what’s right, 6) We have fun! If those values resonate with you, please...read on!
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code. We even help people become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and we rent out our office to external groups. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Product Manager (Beginner Programs) responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating curriculum for our beginner programs using the latest best practices
- Creating brand new and highly creative exercises for beginner programs (and working with our designers to ensure they’re remarkably beautiful!)
- Creating methods for collecting leading indicators of program quality
- Ensuring graduates of our beginner programs are so passionate about their experiences that they want to leave reviews (and being comfortable asking them to!)
- Instructing one evening or weekend Web Development program per calendar year (to ensure you’re always familiar with our offerings!)
- Collaborating with the Head of Continuing Education, our CTO and the Bootcamp Team to ensure curriculum across courses are complementary
- Ensuring the HackerYou Instructor and Mentor Community is kept up-to-date on changes to our programs and curriculum
- Helping to coordinate quarterly meetings for the HackerYou Instructor and Mentor Community for team building, sharing updates, collecting feedback and having fun!
- Managing and marking Technical Challenges from students looking to apply to our programs without completing prerequisites
- Creating training documents and materials to ensure that every time a course for beginners is shared with students, it’s at the highest level of quality
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of HackerYou’s website and web applications
- You are insanely creative and can come up with awesome ideas for making courses, curriculum and even education in general way better than the status quo
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- You take pride in your ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (but we’re flexible).
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at hackeryou.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
To apply, please click here. We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.