At Juno, we’ve got ambitious goals and we’re looking for driven, results-oriented, and friendly people to help us achieve them. We are hiring a Career Success Specialist! This role is brand new to Juno and you’ll be joining the Outcomes team at an exciting time. As a team obsessed with making sure our graduates get great results, we are growing, trying new ideas and intensely focused on making sure Juno grads continue to stand out.
As our Career Success Specialist on the Outcomes team, you own the job seeker journey & experience for bootcamp students and graduates. The journey begins with you collaborating with the Admissions team to identify and enrol high potential applicants. You will do this by reviewing applications, Kira applicant videos and resumes, collecting instructor feedback, and occasionally calling or meeting with applicants. Based on the available information, you will provide recommendations on which applicants receive acceptances.
The other half of your job will involve ensuring graduates are prepared for the job search after bootcamp. You’ll do that by facilitating career services events & workshops, meeting with graduates one-on-one on a weekly basis, and providing resume, cover letter and job search advice. Working closely with the Manager of Career Services, you’ll develop career curriculum for Career Labs, the career development program for recent bootcamp graduates. It’s important to know that we measure everything. You will track job search data, and do whatever it takes to keep engagement levels of job seeking graduates high, finding out what motivates each individual you work with. You’ll help them quickly land full time jobs as web developers, while creating an exceptional job seeker experience.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for candidates with 2 to 5 years of experience in career advising/coaching, recruitment, HR or leadership development. This is a target-driven role that’s perfect for someone who is results-oriented and really cares about meeting metrics. Facilitation and public speaking experience would be an asset. You have worked with talent/job seekers from diverse backgrounds, and have knowledge of tech startups and labour market. Without a doubt Juno is the place for you if you care about skill-building, technology and contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. And, perhaps not surprisingly, we don't we care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
If you feel like we're describing you right now, please read on!
- Review bootcamp applications and make enrolment recommendations.
- Support, guide and encourage bootcamp grads through the job seeker journey & experience.
- Prepare bootcamp grads for their job search, provide resume and cover letter advice, and be the responsive go-to for all job search matters.
- Conduct weekly job seeker check-ins and offer one-on-one appointments.
- Cultivate relationships with graduates to understand their job search needs and create individualized solutions.
- Develop and facilitate career curriculum to graduates during Career Labs and as required.
- Track and meet activity targets to support your weekly and monthly goals.
- Stay up-to-date on marketplace trends to solidify your role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the higher education space.
- Be an ambassador for Juno’s values to everyone who comes into our space.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in career advising/coaching, recruitment, HR or leadership development
- Experience in one or more roles where you had to use good judgement, especially in ambiguous conditions.
- You are goal-oriented and have an innate drive to achieve and hit targets
- You are an effective communicator and can build relationships with other easily
- You value processes and best practices to achieve consistent outcomes
- You are not intimidated by change and ambiguity
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
How to Apply
Apply online by clicking here. Please submit a resume and answering the following two questions:
What makes you qualified for this role? Highlight your direct or transferable experience that demonstrates your fit. (Do not exceed 200 words)
In this role you will guide and support dozens of job seekers simultaneously in their job search. Provide a succinct summary of a situation where you coached and led a person/team/group to reach their goal(s). Highlight tactics used, challenges you had to overcome, and how success was measured. (Do not exceed 200 words)
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, the Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto.
We’re a small team of around 30 people and you’ll be a part of our small but mighty Outcomes team. It's important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values, which are: 1) we experiment and improve, 2) we take initiative and deliver results, 3) we are flexible and thrive in ambiguity, 4) and we’re enthusiastic and positive.