About the Position
We’re looking for a creative, energetic and proactive Content Marketing Manager to join our team at HackerYou. For this role, we're looking for someone with creative ideas who can help us tell some of the best stories out there - stories about people changing their lives through learning to code with us at HackerYou. We're also looking for someone who can own the "HackerYou" voice - working with our Founder & CEO, you'll help determine what is the right voice, style and tone for HackerYou, and take responsibility for bringing it to life across all of our content and web properties.
In this role, you will be ultimately responsible for HackerYou's content strategy and editorial calendar, persona development, copywriting, website copy, blog strategy/execution and SEO. You'll be focused on long-form content, as we have a Content Marketing Manager (and Designer!) who is focused on short-form content like ads, landing pages and social media. We're a data-driven team, so you'll need to be collecting and analyzing data constantly to ensure your strategy and execution are delivering the results we're looking for (we want data to back up your "gut feelings"). This is a brand new role for our team - we need you because we want to ensure we're getting the word out about the impactful, thoughtful and enjoyable learning experiences we all work so hard to create every day!
Reporting to our Director of Growth, you will be an integral member of HackerYou’s 25-ish person team. We’re a close-knit and passionate team, and it’s important to us that everyone who joins us fits with our core values: 1) We are welcoming, 2) We care deeply about people, 3) We do what's right, 4) We are always improving, and 5) We have fun! If those values resonate with you, please...read on!
This role is ideal for a Content Marketer with one to three years of experience driving growth and building brand through modern content strategies. We're looking for someone who has proof that their content marketing execution has moved the needle in a big way, and is looking for their next opportunity to grow their skill set. And grow you will - in this role, instead of executing on someone else's strategy, we're expecting you to work with our Director of Growth to set the strategy yourself! We are ready to help you develop that capability. This role is perfect for someone looking to move into their second or third Content Marketing role, bringing along all the experience and knowledge gained so far. This role could be a great fit for someone who has discovered a passion for teaching and mentoring, or for someone who wants to start their own business one day - this role will give you the chance to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. Please note that we don’t care at all about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
Our team will be growing over the coming year, so for this role we're hoping to find someone interested in managing others, as it would likely be a possibility 6-12 months down the road.
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Content Marketing Manager's responsibilities:
- Drive growth and build brand through modern content strategies.
- Develop and manage a multi-platform editorial and content calendar, incorporating important HackerYou student moments, thought leadership, seasonality, and supporting marketing campaigns.
- Create compelling content that meets business needs, is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience.
- Work with Marketing Campaign Manager to develop a full-funnel content strategy: from lead generation to Student Success team enablement.
- Create workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and archiving content.
- Develop and refine content themes, personas, path to purchase, and content distribution strategies.
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging content marketing trends, assess their applicability to HackerYou’s marketing needs, and make recommendations.
- Advise on content recommendations and issues, and build consensus through collaboration and negotiation.
- Be the arbiter on grammar, messaging, writing, and style best practices.
- Test to assess content effectiveness, and use data and analytics to make recommendations.
- Interpret market data to develop content themes/topics, points of view, and positioning to engage the audience through the buying cycle.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure content and design workflows and processes are streamlined and efficient, and ensure a consistent brand message across channel
- Collaborate with Director of Growth to optimize content on the HackerYou website. Manage a website roadmap to help build for scale and to meet the growing needs of the business and students.
- Work with HackerYou's Leadership Team and PR & Communications agency to publish thought leadership content that elevates our brand and our team.
- You are insanely creative and can come up with awesome ideas for writing content that is interesting, relevant and drives results
- You have experience in a Content Marketing role (we're thinking 1-3 years of experience, but we're open-minded)
- Demonstrated experience in executing a content marketing strategy that addressed business goals and delivered results
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- You take pride in your ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others! Remember, "We care deeply about people" is one of our core values!
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (but we’re flexible).
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at hackeryou.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With a grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.