About the Position
We’re preparing for an exciting year of growth ahead! So we’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive People Operations Coordinator to join our team at HackerYou. Ultimately, you will be responsible for helping us to grow our team, working cross-departmentally in support of our students and team, and be accountable for developing and delivering our people policies in a way that lives our core values.
We are a small company (and we like it that way!) but we move quickly. There will always be a variety of tasks and projects for you to work on. We’re looking for a warm and friendly people-person who is extremely organized and detail-oriented. We’d like someone who is comfortable stepping in when required and taking ownership over project completion. And you will be appreciated for it – from both staff and students!
Reporting to the Director or Operations & Finance, this role is ideal for someone who has 2-3 years of experience working on people & culture teams, or is looking to move into a position with people-focused accountabilities, while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. It would also be a great fit for someone with experience in human resources, people operations, recruiting, or hospitality!
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, the HackerYou College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, HackerYou offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto.
With thousands of alumni and a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, HackerYou has trained some of the brightest young minds in the country and is poised to continue to have a major impact on the education landscape in Canada and beyond.
Here's a sample of HackerYou's People Operations Coordinator Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and implement our people-first policies.
- Assist with on-boarding and new employee experience for our growing team.
- Develop and manage team events and outings.
- Assist with student experience and outcomes.
- Drive team culture and community through engagement strategies.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to plan, predict, and prepare for HackerYou's continued growth.
- Work with Data Analyst & Manager, Career Services to implement and improve student outcome success strategy.
- Test to assess policy effectiveness, and use data and analytics to improve processes.
- Work with HackerYou's Leadership Team to develop and publish thought leadership content centred around our community that elevates our brand and our culture.
- Other tasks as required.
- You are insanely passionate about team culture and community
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You love working with people and seeing them succeed
- You have experience managing or working with teams
- You are highly organized and are are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets & Slides
- You are not intimidated by numbers or analysis in MS Excel
- You enjoy working online and with new technology
- You are super organized and like to be ultra prepared
- You know the value of calendaring and scheduling
- You exude confidence and warmth when interacting with people
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects and deadlines
- You take pride in your attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others! Remember, "We care deeply about people" is one of our core values!
- Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn!
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position and the start date is as soon as possible (but we can be flexible!)
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at hackeryou.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With a grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.