About the Position
Reporting to our Director of Continuing Education, you will be an integral member of HackerYou’s 25-ish person team. We’re a close-knit and passionate team, and it’s important to us that everyone who joins us fits with our core values: 1) We are welcoming, 2) We care deeply about people, 3) We do what's right, 4) We are always improving, and 5) We have fun! If those values resonate with you, please...read on!
This role is ideal for a developer with two to three years of experience looking to make the switch into Product Management or build upon their developer skills by gaining some experience in a new area of technology. It’s also perfect for someone who has discovered a passion for teaching and mentoring, or for someone who wants to start their own business one day - this role will give you the chance to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. Please note that we don’t care at all about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou's Product Manager (Workshops) responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating curriculum for our workshops using the latest best practices
- Developing (or working with others to develop) new workshops based on the content our community is asking for
- Creating brand new and highly creative exercises for our workshops (and working with our designers to ensure they’re remarkably beautiful!)
- Creating methods for collecting indicators of workshop quality
- Ensuring those who participate in our workshops are so passionate about their experiences that they want to leave reviews (and being comfortable asking them to!)
- Collaborating with the Head of Continuing Education, our CTO and the Bootcamp Team to ensure workshop curriculum is complementary to our other programs
- Ensuring the HackerYou Instructor and Mentor Community is kept up-to-date about new workshops
- Managing and marking Technical Challenges from students looking to join our workshops without completing prerequisites
- Creating training documents and materials to ensure that every time we run a workshop, it’s at the highest level of quality
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of HackerYou’s website and web applications
- You are insanely creative and can come up with awesome ideas for making workshops, curriculum and even education in general way better than the status quo
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- You take pride in your ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (but we’re flexible).
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at hackeryou.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With a grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.