__At Juno, we’ve got ambitious goals and we’re looking for driven, results-oriented, and friendly people to help us achieve them. __
As a Student Success Consultant, you’re responsible for making sure that our classes are full of great students. You’ll do that through reaching out to warm leads by leveraging outbound sales techniques, tools, and technology. You’ll assess their needs and identify if one of our many courses is the right path for them and, if it is, you’ll sign them up.
In many companies, this role would be titled “Account Development Representative” but we believe that “Student Success Consultant” better represents our desire to make sure that every student who comes to Juno is set up for success.
Our ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience in outbound sales, door to door sales, or direct sales.
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, the Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto.
We’re a small team of around 35 people and you’ll be a part of our Growth team. As a team, we experiment and improve, we take initiative and deliver results, we are flexible and thrive in ambiguity, and we’re enthusiastic and positive.
Here's a sample of Juno's Student Success Consultant's responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed daily outbound activity targets to support monthly targets.
- Meet, email, and talk on the phone with prospective students and alumni and educate them on the value of Juno’s courses.
- Cultivate relationships with current students and serve as a consultant as they progress through their educational journey with Juno.
- Consult with applicants on their career and educational goals, determining if any of our solutions are a good fit, and handling objections. Note that it's really important to us that our courses are filled with people who are going to love them. We never want to put a student in a program just to "hit a number".
- Staying up-to-date on marketplace trends to solidify your role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the higher education space.
- Being an ambassador for Juno’s values to everyone who comes into our space.
Important: Please note that for this role, you’ll work 30-ish hours a week during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm) and around 10 hours per week outside of those hours (evenings and weekends), conducting interviews with potential students who can’t take time off work for their interview. Scheduling is flexible and at the discretion of you and your manager. It’s not a problem at all to take a weekend off as needed – as long as we’re providing potential students with options that fit their lives!
- You have 1-2 years of experience in outbound sales, door to door sales, or direct sales (can be through part-time jobs)
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role(can be through part-time jobs)
- You have 1-2 years of experience doing cold outreach (can be through part-time jobs)
- You have a track record of hitting targets
- You are an effective communicator and can build relationships with other easily
- You value processes and best practices to achieve consistent outcomes
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in Salesforce
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (we’re flexible).
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply here. We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.