About the position
At Juno, we’ve got ambitious goals and we’re looking for driven, results-oriented, and friendly people to help us achieve them.
As our Business Development Associate on the Outcomes team, you’re responsible for making sure that there are tons of great jobs and internships waiting for our students when they graduate. You’ll do that by reaching out to employers in Toronto and across Canada, learning about their talent needs and seeing if one (or more!) of our graduates might be a fit for them. If there's a fit, you'll source a job description or details and pass them on to our Manager of Career Services. We need to source hundreds of job opportunities and internships every year, so you'll be busy with outreach! But don't worry - we have a great sales tool that you will use to keep your outreach tasks hyper-organized and efficient. One other cool thing about this role - you'll serve as an important bridge between potential Hiring Partners and our curriculum team, ensuring that feedback about our courses and content gets to the right stakeholder on the Juno team.
There is no specific work experience necessary for this role, but it's important that you've been in a situation where you had to hit targets, whether those were sales targets, activity targets, or something else. If you haven't been in a target-oriented role, we'd like to know why you think you would rock it. If you've been in a sales or business development role before, but would like to "sell" something more meaningful, this could be the perfect role for you - your outreach and efforts will help people land amazing new jobs and change their lives! This role is ideal for someone who wants to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. And, perhaps not surprisingly, we don't we care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, the Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto.
We’re a small team of around 30 people and you’ll be a part of our small but mighty Outcomes team. It's important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values, which are: 1) we experiment and improve, 2) we take initiative and deliver results, 3) we are flexible and thrive in ambiguity, 4) and we’re enthusiastic and positive. If you feel like we're describing you right now, please read on!
Here's a sample of Juno's Business Development Associate's responsibilities:
- Meet, email, and talk on the phone with prospective Hiring Partners and and educate them on the value of Juno’s programs and our graduates.
- Meet or exceed daily activity targets, including outreach.
- Cultivate relationships with potential employers and serve as a consultant as they consider making a job or internship opportunity available to a Juno graduate.
- Constantly seek to better understand the needs of prospective Hiring Partners and provide that feedback to the broader curriculum team.
- Track and meet activity targets to support your monthly goals.
- Consult with potential Hiring Partners on their talent needs and goals, determining if any of our solutions are a good fit, and handle objections.
- Stay up-to-date on marketplace trends to solidify your role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the higher education space.
- Be an ambassador for Juno’s values to everyone who comes into our space.
- You are goal-oriented and have an innate drive to achieve and hit targets
- You are an effective communicator and can build relationships with other easily
- You value processes and best practices to achieve consistent outcomes
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in Salesforce
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (we’re flexible).
Perks & benefits
Please visit our Careers page at junocollege.com/careers for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to apply
Please apply via this link. We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.