This position has been filled,
but we're always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join the HackerYou community. To find out if we're currently hiring for any other positions, you can check out our careers page. If you're looking for a career change, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help you get there. With a 2017 grad employment rate of 97% and an average entrance salary of $53,872, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp here or download our student outcomes report to find out more about our grads' success. You can also sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to be the first to find out about new job openings at HackerYou.
About the position
Please note that this is an entry-level position – with tons of room for growth!
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive Office Manager to join our team at HackerYou. Ultimately, you will be responsible for our 12,000 square foot office, supporting HackerYou’s operations team and, under the guidance of our Head of Operations, making sure HackerYou’s operations are smooth and organized.
In this role, there will always be a variety of tasks and projects for you to work on. We’re looking for someone who is extremely organized and detail-oriented - nothing can slip through the cracks! We're also looking for someone who is comfortable with having accountability - you will need to step in to new situations as required and take ownership of project to ensure completion. The best part is that you'll be appreciated for everything you do – from both staff and students!
We are a small company of 18 and it’s important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values: 1) We are welcoming, 2) We are collaborative & community-oriented, 3) We deliver a “Wow” experience, 4) We do what it takes, 5) We do what’s right, 6) We have fun! If those values resonate with you, please..read on!
This entry-level role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to get their feet wet and learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology and education while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. It could also be a great fit for someone with experience in sales, retail or hospitality – office experience not required, nor do we care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
Founded in 2012, HackerYou (also known as the HackerYou College of Technology, now that we’re a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code. We even help people become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and part-time courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and we rent out our office to external groups. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to HackerYou!
Here's a sample of HackerYou’s Office Manager responsibilities:
- Answer applicant & student requests and general inquires through email
- Operationalize and document processes (think “how to” manuals)
- Act as on-site contact for rentals
- Help with onboarding of new students and classes
- Help plan, promote and coordinate events
- Keep HackerYou’s Dropbox and Google Drive folders organized
- Data entry of expenses for accounting purposes
- Assist with project management of internal and external projects
- Perform light analysis in MS Excel
- Organize internal and external meetings
- Ensure birthdays and holidays are recorded and celebrated
- Keep the office clean, organized and in good condition. Change lightbulbs. Tighten loose screws. Etc.
- Purchase and manage office supplies within annual budget
- Provide support to the team as required
- Other tasks as required
- You hold a relevant post-secondary degree or otherwise have a track record of getting things done
- You are comfortable using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You are not intimidated by numbers or light analysis in MS Excel
- You enjoy working online and with new technology
- You are obsessed with list-making and organization
- You exude confidence and warmth when answering the phone and interacting with customers
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- You take pride in your attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
- Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position and the start date is as soon as possible (but we can be flexible!)
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to join [at] hackeryou.com. All applications are appreciated, but we will contact only successful applicants to move on to the next stage.